Lots of Good Restaurants in Costa Mesa
A man’s gotta eat, that we know. And if you have two growing boys like I do, I’m usually left with a bare pantry by the time I get home from work. What to do? Honey, let’s go out!
Here’s a quick list of 9 great restuarants around Costa Mesa you ought to check out if you haven’t already:
1. Old Vine Cafe– Great menu, located in the heart of the camp, amazing wine list, and a killer breakfast menu. A “must” eat place that should be on your list.
2. Ontoria – This is an authentic central Italian experience, located not far from the Camp.
3. Pizzeria Ortica – Awesome for Italian, you never think of this place because it is near South Coast Plaza. Great wood fired pizza and gorgeous Italian food.
4. Want simple BBQ? Try The BeachPit BBQ in Eastside Costa Mesa – great BBQ, cool outdoor setting right off of 17th street!
5. Ecco Pizzeria and Bar – Also located at the Camp in Costa Mesa, this joint serves great italian food, pizzas, and has a killer bar and cocktail menu. It’s got a fun, loud vibe to it. Great for groups out for a night.
6. Eat Chow – is a great, small restaurant on the Eastside of Costa Mesa. Amazing for breakfast, tough to get a seat at lunch, and I really ought to go for dinner. Simple, beautiful menu that you simply can not go wrong with.
7. Need breakfast food? You’ve got to try the Side Street Cafe in Eastside Costa Mesa off of Newport Blvd. and Rochester Streets. Ever seen the show Diner, Drive-ins, and Dives? It’s eclectic and the breakfast food is staple americana gooooood.
8.Want GastroPub? Try The Iron Press – it’s got a cool concept using waffles rather than bread, located in the hip new SoCo center, and it’s got an amazing list of hand crafted micro brews you can taste.
If you are looking for Fall Eats In and Around Costa Mesa, How about Tapas, or small plates? Try Rooster PM which has glowing reviews on Yelp. Great food, great service, and right in the heart of Costa Mesa.
Funny. I started writing this and thought I would have to go outside town for restaurants. I have another 9 in my pocket I didn’t get to!!! I guess I will do that another time – – – Happy eats!!